Engineer (FT/80-26wks) Limited Term - StocktonJob ID SGMF-1900255 Date Posted 01/18/2019 Location Stockton, California
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years applicable trade school experience or six (6) months electrical, electronic, plumbing work experience or equivalent education/experience.
Licensures and Certifications (Required):
- Certified HVAC Technician - HVAC-Tech
- Drivers License, Valid and in State - DL Number
- Automobile Insurance - Proof of insurability as determined by Federal Highway Administration DOT Regulations
- Prior experience in health care environment in a position of similar scope and responsibility or equivalent.
- Prior experience performing advanced troubleshooting and repair of electrical and mechanical systems and equipment.
- Three (3) years refrigeration & environmental control experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
Must be able to interpret blue print drawings, diagrams, and schematics.
Ability to read, write, hear, and verbally communicate in English to the degree required by this job.
Demonstrated effective written/verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
Demonstrated highly complex assessment and troubleshooting skills related to electrical and mechanical systems and equipment.
Demonstrated high level of mechanical system and equipment knowledge, and a functional level of electrical system and equipment knowledge.
Demonstrated ability to operate Plant Operations and Maintenance motor vehicles.
Demonstrate working knowledge in reading, interpreting, and using mechanical, electrical, and structural systems, blueprints, and technical service manuals as a resource in the operation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
Demonstrated effective training skills by explaining theory, collecting and analyzing data, and presenting mechanical equipment, or system technical information to the other Plant Operations and Maintenance staff in a training format.
Demonstrate working knowledge in welding, fabrication, plumbing, refrigeration, and the proper use of safety equipment.
Demonstrate working knowledge in the use of Plant Operations and Maintenance Department building control computer system.
Demonstrated a thorough knowledge of the following building systems, equipment, and components and the ability to assess, diagnose, repair, modify alter performance or operating characteristics to improve safety and/or system efficiency:
• Moving module furniture (i.e., file cabinets, free standing desks, chairs, etc.)
• Water Treatment System
• Fire Alarm Response System
• Computer Based Energy system
• Pneumatic/hydraulic systems
• Electrical Distribution system
• Perform dry wall repairs/painting
• HVAC Controls, System Dampers, and replace filters
• Maintains an EPA Refrigerant log
• Coordination of outside vendors
• Surgery equipment
• Patient care equipment (i.e., gurneys, misc., beds)
• Dietary equipment
• Motor control centers
• Water pumping systems
• Supply, exhaust, and return air ventilation fans
• Variable frequency drives
• Nurse Call system
• Lock/key and access control systems
• Basic Biomedical equipment function checks
• Coordination/installation of signage
• Perform weekly vehicle inspections
• Replace plug in electrical fixtures, such as lamps, televisions, fans, etc.
• Coordinates required testing of generators and logging of data required for inspections
Demonstrated working knowledge to perform requested air flow studies using the air velocity / volume hood. Adjusts volume dampers as necessary, to ensure area occupant satisfaction and optimal HVAC performance. All adjustments shall be made in accordance with Mechanical Engineer design specifications., details on SGMF approved drawings and blueprints. Necessary adjustments shall be made within one week of the request of an airflow study.
Demonstrated working knowledge with regard to life safety issues, regulatory agency compliance requirements, and emergency situation response.
Demonstrated competency in the use of department electrical safety testers.
Employee Status: Limited Term
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.