Department Coordinator LeadJob ID R-39549 Date Posted 05/26/2023 Location San Mateo, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/40
Organization:MPHS-Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
Position Overview:Leads, organizes and coordinates the clerical and administrative support, including staffing and work assignments of ancillary, nursing and/or support services unit secretaries. Directs, implements and updates policies, procedures and protocols to streamline workflow, improve efficiency, and strengthen unit/department protection and safety measures. Serves as the liaison between administrative support and staff, physicians, patients, family and other hospital staff. Routinely performs all duties of support/secretarial staff, as needed. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care.
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements, and Qualifications are not exhaustive but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES.
• Assesses and monitors the support staff's workload and assigns duties, adjusts assignments, and provides input and assistance.
• Ensures the completion of routine and priority (emergency and triage) administrative and clerical tasks within established departmental time frames, including stepping in to execute administrative support as needed.
• Develops and/or conducts effective training for support/secretarial staff in the medical center/site procedures and policies. Interviews and makes hiring recommendations to department leaders.
• May provide input into performance evaluations of support/secretarial staff; provides coaching and counseling as needed.
• Ensures department policies and procedures are current. Creates new policies/procedures as necessary.
• Provides a variety of complex administrative support by coordinating a wide variety of work projects, establishing work priorities, and creating documents including letters, memorandums, manuals, marketing and business development reports, charts, and graphic presentation materials.
• Directs and coordinates the flow and timing of patient care activities and procedures specific to the unit/department.
• Creates and prepares specialized or moderately complex reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources.
• Coordinates a variety of projects as assigned, working independently on the creation of documents and prioritizing needs.
• May maintain timekeeping records and function as a Timekeeper.
• Mentors and fosters a constructive learning environment that helps students and new teammates build confidence in their skills, knowledge, and abilities.
• Maintains a clean, neat, and safe working environment, by inventorying and ordering accessories and supplies periodically to maintain established stock levels.
• Transports or arranges for transport of supplies and equipment between units or departments as needed.
• Inspects and arranges for equipment repairs, monitors costs, and needs for replacement.
• Maintains strictest confidence in all patient-protected health information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental, intentional, or inappropriate disclosure.
• Performs all duties in compliance with department standards, policies, and procedures, as well as local, state, and federal regulatory agencies to deliver the highest level of patient privacy and care.
• Retains and completes mandated continuing education requirements to meet departmental and facility requirements.
Equivalent experience will be accepted instead of the required degree or diploma.
HS Diploma: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). or equivalent education/experience
4 years of recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Knowledge of various medical terminology, procedures, views, and equipment.
Possess written and verbal communication skills to communicate with fellow team members, supervisors, patients, and other personnel.
Time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
Advanced knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook), electronic health records (EHR), EPIC, and related information systems.
Interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form,
Prioritize and delegate assignments based on experience, procedures, policies, and best practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines,
Work autonomously, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions,
Identify and analyze data to solve problems that arise with little or no precedent,
Analyze workflow/processes and propose improvements or solutions that improve the efficiency of the team,
Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI),
Build collaborative relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Pay Range: $33.57 - $ 41.95
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started