Under general direction of the department manager, working independently and in conjunction with other department staff, coordinates workflow and provides a single point of contact with overall accountability for the proper functioning of assigned aspects of the department's operation. Responsible for efficient administrative and assigned project-level support while acting within the frameworks established by SPMF and Sutter Health. Provides exceptional customer service while maintaining a close working relationship with both inside and outside contacts. Works with confidential information and assists with the implementation of assigned services, policies and programs, contributing to the accomplishments of the department, with a focus on contributing to a high-performance culture that emphasizes quality and on-going process improvement.
• Coordinates workflow for department under general direction of department manager.
• May assign selected staff daily responsibilities to ensure success of critical and ongoing department functions. Assists with and/or completes staff scheduling. (Does NOT have direct reports.)
• Assists department manager in developing agendas for and running staff meetings, providing oversight of staff and office flow in manager’s absence.
• Identifies need for new or revised processes, policies, procedures and protocols. Implements changes and suggestions to enhance workflow and productivity. May train staff on policies and procedures.
• May provide input to and participate in hiring, coaching counseling, discipline and/or performance reviews. Participates in peer reviews. May conduct staff orientation and training and staff meetings as required.
• Provides input to and may monitor the department budget. Provides input into department goals and objectives.
• Ensures appropriate supply levels, with department manager approval. Properly stores supplies, machines and equipment.
• Identifies and reports safety hazards and/or violations. Removes unsafe equipment from use according to policy.
• May provide back-up and relief for assigned positions within the department (e.g. PSR or MA within a Care Center, dependent upon specialized training and certification)
• Responsible for database maintenance including updating records and changing, adding or deleting fields and generating reports.
• Answers the telephone promptly, responding according to “core” communication standards; takes message and provides routine information to callers.
*1-3 years Administrative experience required, preferably in a healthcare environment.
*For Coordinators in offices with 10 or more staff members, previous supervisory experience. Preferred
*Directs clinical questions to medical staff. Does NOT offer medical advice.
*Demonstrates competence in area(s) of coordination and other primary job functions.
*Prioritizes multiple requests, from multiple sources, responding quickly and appropriately to shifting
priorities, as required.
*Excellent problem solving skills and ability to function independently, and to identify problems and
implement solutions with minimal direction and guidance.
*Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with co-workers, management and (as necessary)
patients and their families. Establishes and maintains a pleasant environment by using appropriate tone
of voice and maintaining composure at all times.
*Ability to delegate work assignments to support staff, encourages others to use creative and innovative
approaches to accomplish tasks; and demonstrates the ability to anticipate and analyze work problems
and to arrive at workable solutions.
*Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
*Excellent computer skills and use of the MS Office software suite required.
EducationHS or GED- Required
Associates or Bach in relative area- Highly preferred
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more