Financial Clearance Team MemberJob ID CWP-2117751 Date Posted 10/05/2021 Location Salt Lake City, Utah Schedule/Shift Temporary/Contract/ Day
Thank you for your interest in temporary contract opportunities with RightSourcing at Sutter Health and wanting to assist our team that proudly cares for more than 3 million of our neighbors across Northern California.
Serves as the pre-service point of contact for patients to obtain all necessary information to pre-register and financially clear patients prior to day of service delivery. Also handles non-clinical referrals and authorization coordination and unbilled account follow-up. Enhances the patient experience throughout all patient interactions by serving as the customer service point of contact by demonstrating knowledge of Sutter’s Health system and service offerings.
Supports the success of a high-performing shared services organization by helping to champion and drive the long-term Sutter Shared Services vision. Helps foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized. Participates in programs and in using tools in support of building a high performance culture via the standard Sutter Shared Services responsibilities (e.g. performance measurement, people development, customer relationship management, etc.).
• HS Diploma/GED required.
• Associate's degree Or equivalent education/experience preferred.
• Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) and/or Certified Patient Account Technician (CPAT) and/or Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) preferred.
• Experience within a hospital or clinic environment, an insurance company, managed care organization or other financial service setting, performing financial counseling, financial clearance and/or customer service activities as typically acquired in two years is required.
• Completion of regulatory/mandatory certifications and skills validation competencies preferred
• General knowledge of patient access financial counseling functions in acute and non-acute settings preferred
• Working knowledge of medical terminology desired
• Working knowledge and understanding of insurance terminology desired
• Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations desired
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage frequent telephone patient contacts while effective maintaining and documenting data in the patient registration systems
• Ability to utilize multiple modes of communication (e.g. phone, fax, patient portal, e-mail, physician portal, mail, etc.) in a professional, accurate, efficient and courteous manner
• Demonstrated ability to work in multiple computer systems, such as patient registration/accounting systems, document imaging, scanning, payment posting, proprietary payer websites and data quality monitoring, both accurately and efficiently
• Strong data entry skills required
• Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills
• Interpersonal skills necessary in dealing with internal and external customers
• Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Sutter Health
• Accuracy and attentiveness to detail required
• Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to change
• Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles
• Ability to meet or exceed targeted customer service, productivity and quality standards
• Fluency in both English and a minimum of one other language is preferred for this role to allow Sutter Health to better serve the community and patient population
• Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information
Employee Status: Temporary
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started