Supervisor (RN), Transfer & Referral CenterJob ID R-5103 Date Posted 08/05/2022 Location Sacramento, California Schedule/Shift Regular/Nights
Position Overview:Supervises and oversees day-to-day activities of clinical and non-clinical staff, implementing protocols, policies and procedures to ensure the safe transfer and transport of patients to and from affiliate facilities. Establishes work priorities and manages team workload and resources to meet operational goals.
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- Bachelor's: Nursing, Healthcare Administration or related field. or equivalent education/experience
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California Upon Hire
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 5 years progressively responsible clinical experience in a Transfer Center, Case Management, Emergency Room, nursing/direct patient care and/or as a nursing supervisor.
- 5 years experience with InterQual or related program specific to admissions criteria.
- 5 years experience with using electronic medical record.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of principles and practices of patient care, and an understanding of medical diagnoses.
- Knowledge of InterQual or related admissions criteria to assess for medical necessity.
- Knowledge of applicable legislative and regulatory guidelines (e.g., Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), The Joint Commission (TJC), and Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)) pertaining to healthcare practices.
- Labor Act (EMTALA)) pertaining to healthcare practices.
- Familiarity and understanding of managed care terminologies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to mentor, motivate and engage team.
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations, policies, procedures, practices, and record keeping requirements.
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, determine solutions and resolve operational issues as guided by policies, procedures or practices.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility, and to interact and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of role’s duties while respecting cultural and linguistic differences and fostering an inclusive work environment
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means, and to present information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with changing business priorities
- Organization and planning skills to effectively delegate, manage and/or re-prioritize activities and projects to meet deadlines while delivering quality service and maintaining a high degree of responsiveness.
- Displays a customer service focus in all decisions and actions.
- Displays integrity and ethics in handling confidential information.
- Ability to use essential applications and/or databases associated with the role’s duties and responsibilities.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every other Weekend
This position is work from home eligible.
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started