Wound Care Certified Registered Nurse (RN WCC) -Home Health
Nurses at Sutter Health are at the core of our relationships with patients and families, who trust us to provide them with the personalized care they deserve at the most vulnerable moments of their lives.
Our nurses helped create and embrace Sutter’s Nursing Philosophy of Care, a foundation that blends with Sutter’s core values to provide nurses with a unique and diverse environment where they can reach their full potential.
No matter what stage of your career, you’ll find a culture where we care about one another and offer a vast range of choices and possibilities to work with some of the most talented clinicians in the country.
- JOB TYPE: Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SCAH-1922483 Date Posted 01/14/2020 Location Roseville, California Schedule/Shift Full Time / Day
The Wound Care Certified RN (WCC) serves as a clinical resource for the interdisciplinary team for patients with complicated wounds and related care issues. The position is a resource for clinical staff, administrative staff, Quality department, and materials management department. Completes wound consults as assigned by Lead WOCN when evaluating wound care patients and develops complex plan of care for wound treatment, prevention and healing modalities. The Team WCC is an integral part of the Wound Care Team at SCAH.
Education, Licensure and Certification:
RN graduate from an accredited curriculum and active CA RN License Required
Wound Care Certified - WCC Required
Driver License, Valid and in State - DL NUMBER Required
Automobile Insurance - INSURANCE Required
Basic Life Support Certification - BLS Required
Minimum of two years of recent home care experience.
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills: with legible handwriting for documentation of patient records in a clear and concise manner.
- Basic understanding of home care services, clinical standards of care and practice; must have clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to effectively plan and provide patient care consistent with the standards and regulations of Title XXII, Medicare Conditions of Participation and JCAHO home health accreditation requirements, QI outcomes/benchmarking, infection control; good understanding of reimbursement patterns for Medicare and other payors; good working understanding of budget and other financial reports.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, motivation, flexibility, energy, and creativity.
- Ability to form harmonious working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated leadership and negotiation skills and the ability to manage resources for patient care in a cost effective manner.
- Excellent collaborative and problem solving skills with customers and management.
- Ability to exercise independent sound judgment in planning and providing patient care.
- Demonstrated ability in physical, psychosocial, and environmental assessment skills and in implementing plan of treatment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Administers skilled nursing patient care in a home or assisted living environment; following written or oral instructions; assists patients in walking and transfer from bed to chair and in patient positioning.
- Must be able to remain sedentary for approximately 50% of the day, maneuver around objects, climb stairs and/or work in relatively small spaces, bend over or stretch as necessary in care provision, operate telephone and manipulate small clerical items (e.g. paperclips, staples, etc.); ability to raise, lower, or transfer objects and supplies from one level to another; transport an object usually by hands, arms or shoulders; ability to bend, stoop, twist and lift and transfer up to 50 pounds in patient care.
- Must be able to meet company productivity standards as indicated by organization and manager.
- Must be able to hear, read, write, and speak clearly to effectively communicate with department staff, other Sutter Care at Home employees and community, and carryout essential functions.
- Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts; effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, think critically to both effectively plan and organize department operations consistent with Sutter Care at Home’s strategic and operating objectives and to effectively solve unique problems as they arise or identify when to consult supervisor.
- Must be able to deal with challenging work environment with time demands and occasional conflicting priorities.
- Maintain a positive and professional image and demonstrate self-directed learning to meet professional development and/or license requirements.
- Is responsible for maintaining all required licensure and certifications.
- At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet Sutter Care at Home core competencies for position and area of specialty, as appropriate.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started