Open Rank Faculty-Basic Sciences (Oakland Campus)Job ID SMU-2105754 Date Posted 04/20/2021 Location Oakland, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day
Who We Are: Samuel Merritt University (SMU) has a long history of educating highly skilled health professionals in undergraduate Nursing, and graduate programs in Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Anesthesia, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician’s Assistant and Podiatric Medicine. The Basic Sciences Department provides instructors for the basic science courses required in our graduate programs.
The main campus of SMU is located in Oakland on the east side of the beautiful San Francisco Bay and houses a state-of-the-art Movement Analysis Research Center (MARC) and Health Science Simulation Centers (HSSC).
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build and maintain a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and affirm diversity as an educational imperative to achieving excellence.
Position Summary: The full-time faculty has multiple roles in our academic environment: teaching, service, and scholarship. The full-time appointment is a 12-month position fully benefited. The applicant must be able to teach or assist in Gross Anatomy dissection and prosection-based anatomy courses. The part-time 9-month faculty position need only fulfill the teaching requirement and may be benefited.
Samuel Merritt University welcomes applications for both full-time and part-time faculty in the Basic Sciences Department.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
An Asterisk (*) denotes an “essential job function” for
- *Teaching the laboratory lower extremity cadaveric dissection labs to podiatric medical students
- *Assist with teaching cadaveric dissection based anatomy labs to Physician Assistant, Podiatric Medical, and Occupational Therapy students
- *Assist in curricular preparation and laboratory course administration for anatomy courses
- *Full-time applicants must also participate in scholarly research and community service activities
Education and/or Experience:
- Applicant must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in either Anatomy or Neurosciences, or a closely related discipline.
- At least two years of experience teaching cadaveric dissection based gross anatomy, preferred
- Experience in dissection of the entire human body, required
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50-100 pounds, required
Timeline: Application reviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Rank is commensurate with experience and credentials.
For additional information please contact:
Barb Puder, PhD
Associate Professor and Chair
Basic Sciences Department
Samuel Merritt University
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started