Sterile Processing Technician II (Certified)Job ID PAMF-2104402 Date Posted 05/03/2021 Location Mountain View, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Variable
- Adherence to hand washing requirements, workflow patterns, standard precautions, sterility assurance, biological monitoring, and dress code. Demonstrates competency in maintaining neat, safe, dust-free work environment.
- Validates and maintains: event-related sterility assurance protocols, disinfection and/or sterilization load parameters and records, instrument travelers and set assembly checklists and equipment monitoring. Meets regulatory requirements for sterilization, high level disinfection, biological monitoring and employee competencies. Accurately documents and maintains daily records for all QA and sterilization functions according to regulatory agencies and Infection Control standards.
- Wears protective equipment (PPE). Inspects, disassembles sorts, cleans, and processes reusable instrumentation and equipment. Selects appropriate cleaning brushes and cleaning agents and follows manufacturer recommendations for proper use. Selects and operates specialized cleaning equipment. Follows device manufactures cleaning guidelines. Maintains adequate level of cleaning supplies. Wears protective equipment (PPE). Attaches scope to leak tester and performs leak test. Reports any leaks to manager or supervisor. Follow scope manufacturers cleaning guidelines. Follows machine manufacturers’ guidelines for processing scopes in Automatic Endoscope Reprocessor (AER). Performs or verifies: daily QA procedure and documentation on QA log; disinfectant temperature and levels; correct preparation and placing of scopes in AER; tests HLD to confirm potency; correct running of reprocessing cycle; completion of cycle; correct removal of scope from AER.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Current certification as a Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician (CSPDT) by the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution or as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) by the International Association of Healthcare Central Service and Material Management.
- Two (2) years experience within the past 4 years in a Sterile Processing Department
- Knowledge of sterilization monitoring, record keeping and quality assurance protocols
- Current certification as a Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS)
- Current certification as a Certified Endoscope Preprocessor (CER)
- Instrument Tracking System super user for a minimum of 6 months
- Serve as daily operations In Charge person on a regular rotation for minimum of 6 months
- Meets all qualifications for Sterile Processing Technician I
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started