Clinical Manager - Modesto Home HealthJob ID SCAH-1923886 Date Posted 12/09/2019 Location Modesto, California Schedule/Shift Full Time / Day
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Administrator in the planning, organizing, and directing of patient care services in accordance with current standards and regulations so that the highest degree of quality care will be maintained at all times. The Clinical Manager directs patient assignments, staff scheduling, coordination of referrals , patient visit volume distributions, and assists in meeting financial targets by effectively managing utilization, productivity, personnel and supplies. The Clinical Manager ensures adherence to clinical best practices to promote optimal patient outcomes and patient experience and ensures that patient needs are continually assessed through development, implementation, and updates to the individualized plan of care in coordination with the Case Manager. The Clinical Manager participates, as necessary, in team meetings and represents clinical staff on appropriate committees and the agency to the community.
The Clinical Manager is responsible for the oversight of a clinical multi-disciplinary team of Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Medical Social Workers and Home Health Aides, and manages an active patient census of approximately 200 patients.
The Clinical Manager supervises, supports, and educates staff at the point of service in the field. The Clinical Manager supports an efficient and accurate revenue cycle by enhancing capture of appropriate revenue and managing the flow of documentation within their department. The Clinical Manager may provide direct patient care in times of high census and/or for emergent need and takes on other managerial tasks and projects as assigned by Administrator.
• Two years’ experience in home care agency or two years of supervisory experience in an acute or similar setting required.
• Previous supervisory experience in a health care setting strongly preferred.
• Minimum two years experience in own professional discipline within the last five years
• Current California RN, PT, or ST licensure with current registration to practice in California required
• Current CPR/BLCS
• Current California Drivers’ License and proof of auto insurance
• Strong computer skills, including competency with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Ability to learn and efficiently use electronic medical records systems after initial training period
• Requires the ability to be a strong and consistent mentor to staff and use the disciplinary process appropriately
• Must have current knowledge of current regulatory and clinical practice standards relating to home care setting
• Must be able to demonstrate competence in OASIS assessment within introductory probation period
• Must have the clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to effectively plan and provide coordination of patient care consistent with standards and regulations
• Must effectively plan, organize staff and resources, and prioritize work, thinking critically to effectively organize operations consistent with Sutter Care at Home’s strategy and effectively solving problems as they arise
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and role model customer service skills
• Must establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with staff, physicians, patients, and other departments
• Flexibility and independence required to work competently and autonomously in the absence of the Administrator
• Self-started with a high degree of initiative, motivation, flexibility, and creativity
• At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet core competencies for position and maintain licensure and professional development requirements as appropriate.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started