Inventory Specialist - Materials Management (Multiple Locations, Full-TIme, TEMPORARY)Job ID CWP-2018790 Date Posted 11/06/2020 Location Burlingame, California Schedule/Shift Temporary/Contract/ Day
Thank you for your interest in temporary contract opportunities with RightSourcing at Sutter Health and wanting to assist our team that proudly cares for more than 3 million of our neighbors across Northern California.
The Inventory Specialist is responsible for all supply chain activities for the department they service including, but not limited to; inventory management, supply and equipment requisitions, forecasting, PAR maintenance, supplier relations, product conversions, billing support, vendor returns, invoice resolution, back order resolution, de-casing and stocking supplies.
- Assists with tasks as deemed necessary by the Site Leader and/or Department Supervisor/Manager/Director.
- Maintains accuracy of inventory systems. Updates par levels based on department usage.
- Maintains consignment inventory, working with sales representatives to ensure product replacement prior to product outdating
- Manages department inventories.
- Rotates stock and manages expiration dates, de-cases supplies and stocks shelves. Provides cycle counts and year-end inventories as needed.
- Assists in department cost containment by ensuring adequate inventory turns, minimizing obsolete inventory and product expirations and reducing overall inventory values.
- May be assigned to perform other related duties, such as: scheduling and clerical functions, providing training to Surgery Stock Aide or others and/or providing direct patient transport care for all patients handling.
- Related responsibilites (including but not limited to) repositioning, transporting and lateral transfers from table to gurney.
- May handle and track equipment repairs, maintain implant logs and handle the disposition of recall notices.
- May maintain information in the Materials Management System, including placing orders, looking up purchase orders, using scanner and the system to place orders and maintaining and creating item numbers.
- May maintain various departments' charge master, HCPC codes, implant logs and recall notices and transmit patient charges to CBO
- Researches customer requests for new products and works with Buyers and Product Review Committees to bring new products into stock.
Education/ including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration:
- Required: High school diploma
Knowledge of Microsoft office and computerized Supply Chain and Inventory Management Systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical/Surgical supplies, manufacturers and distributors.
- Knowledge of related Healthcare regulatory requirements preferred.
- Routine work requiring problem-solving capability and paying close attention to detail.
- Must possess aptitude in Excel and be proficient with keying in information.
- Must have the skills to produce accurate work results within established timeframes.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal guidance and direction.
This position supports the entire Sutter Health system. Travel throughout the Sacramento, Central Valley and Bay Area is required. Reliable transportation is required.
- Must abide by the department's policy on Conflict of Interest.
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 40
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started