Nurse Manager, Operating Room - *Sign-On Bonus Opportunity* - BerkeleyJob ID R-7277 Date Posted 08/09/2022 Location Berkeley, California Schedule/Shift Regular/Days
Position Overview:**Sign-On Bonus Opportunity!!*
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, located in the San Francisco Bay Area, has opportunities for experienced Perioperative Nurse Managers. Our facilities take pride in the services to the community, continued accreditations, and the reputation it enjoys in Northern California.
Perioperative Services includes 13 surgical suites specializing in Neurosurgery, Neuro-spine, Orthopedics - Total Joints, Orthro-Spine, Gynecology, Urology, General Surgery and a premier Ophthalmology Service Line. Our professional staff is made up of experienced Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologist who provide quality care to our patients using both high technology and a hands-on approach.
Manages the 24-hour operation of designated unit(s) - Operating Room, Pre-Op, PACU and the GI Lab in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Assures the provision of quality patient care through compliance with federal and state regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies, and efficient management of clinical and financial resources. Applies management and clinical expertise, education, research, and consultation to optimize operational outcomes. Represents designated units in forums, fostering a collaborative approach and focusing on effective, efficient service to patients and community. Assumes accountability for implementation of Baldrige quality process initiatives.
Other: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
RN-Registered Nurse of California
BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
EXPERIENCE: PREFERED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED in
- 8 years progressive clinical/healthcare management and/or operations experience with increasing responsibilities
- 8 years experience in relevant professional discipline with a solid understanding of operations.
- 8 years management, supervisory or team lead experience.
- 8 years experience in survey protocols on a department and organizational level (Joint Commission, State, etc).
- 8 years experience with electronic health record applications
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Solid understanding of operations and workflows and how department’s process/workflow impacts other department operations.
- Demonstrates understanding of business and operational requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team building, and coaching/mentoring with the ability to motivate and engage others.
- Demonstrates solid clinical proficiency and knowledge to effectively plan and coordinate patient care consistent with applicable laws, standards and regulations.
- Working knowledge and thorough understanding of state/federal/local and/or accreditation standards and requirements as it relations to operations and organization, with the ability interpret and implement applicable standards and requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of healthcare financial environment.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and manage a budget.
- Understands age specific needs in providing care to patient population served.
- Demonstrates tactical and analytical thinking and planning skills, and is able to develop plan to accomplish objectives, identify obstacles and resolve operational issues.
- Knowledge of emerging treads and how it impacts operations.
- Ability to build and establish effective working partnership with employees, peers and/or leaders to achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues.
- Verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle difficult circumstances and make sound business decisions with little direction.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with changing business priorities.
- Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects while delivering quality service and achieving business results.
- Demonstrates a customer service focus in all decisions and actions.
- Demonstrates ability to work/interact with a diverse population while respecting cultural and linguistic differences and fostering an inclusive work environment.
- Working knowledge of wage and hour laws.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings:1
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started