Medical Social Worker IIJob ID R-10783 Date Posted 11/04/2022 Location Sacramento, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Limited Term (Fixed Term)/Days/40
Position Overview:Provides biopsychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, short term counseling, advocacy, and linkage to resources and planning for transitions of care for patients and their families/significant others of all ages in any patient care setting. Provides psycho-education and may facilitate support groups. Provides consultation on psychosocial aspects of care as a member of the interdisciplinary team; serves as a liaison to community programs and collaborates with the multidisciplinary treatment on discharge planning. May provide education to staff and other hospital departments and participates on committees as requested.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- Master's: Social Work or related field
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- MSW-Medical Social Worker
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Clinical skills in biopsychosocial assessment and clinical interventions, including crisis intervention, intervention with patient/family behavioral issues, grief counseling, supportive counseling, adjustment to illness, life review/end of life support, behavioral change therapy, motivational interviewing, short-term family counseling, group facilitation.
- Collaboration skills and ability to work effectively on a team.
- Skills in patient and family advocacy.
- Knowledge of transitions of care and community resources.
- Knowledge of post cute levels of care and resource needs for discharge planning
- Knowledge of child, elder and dependent adult abuse, crimes against persons reporting requirements, and other significant regulations affecting clinical social work practice (e.g. Tarasoff, patient confidentiality).
- Knowledge of behavioral health and the skills to assess mental health functioning, high risk behaviors, depression, anxiety, or other psychiatric conditions impacting hospitalization or transitions of care.
- Knowledge of suicidal behavior, and the skills necessary to assess lethality, and to develop and implement an appropriate plan of care.
- Knowledge of substance use and the skills to assess level of addiction, motivation for change, and to develop and implement an appropriate plan of care.
- Knowledge and understanding of the influence of cultural and spiritual values in social work practice.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide psychosocial care appropriate to the age-specific needs of newborns, children, adolescents, adults and elders.
- Knowledge of palliative care, goals of care discussions, and the psychosocial needs of the patient and family at end-of-life.
- Knowledge of bioethics and legal issues impacting patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate interpersonal and organizational skills, to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and competing demands.
- Proficient in using a computer to accurately enter and extract data, send and receive email, calendar appointments, and use task lists as will be using a variety of computer software programs.
- Knowledge of local county/state/federal resources for at-risk population.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Weekend Requirements:One Weekend Shift a month, Rotating Weekends
This position is work from home eligible.
Employee Status:Limited Term (Fixed Term)
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started