Thank you for your interest in working within the Sutter Health System. Our organization is implementing two exciting enhancements, a transition of the technology that supports our employment application process and the realignment of our jobs to a common career framework across our system. These changes will further enhance the career development experience for our employees and applicants. As a result of this change, there may be adjustments to job descriptions, job postings, and job titles between May and July 2022. Any impacts on you as an applicant will be shared directly with you throughout the selection process. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Sutter Health!
Certified Medical Assistant, Family MedicineJob ID SGMF-2204400 Date Posted 06/23/2022 Location Modesto, California Schedule/Shift Regular/Days
Organization:SGMF-Sutter Gould Med Foundation
Position Overview:Provides basic administrative, clerical and technical support services under the supervision of a licensed provider for the Sutter Gould Medical Foundation patients and their families. Assists the physician or other medical providers in implementing the medical care plan to include obtaining history and physical, accurate vital signs, medication administration, tests, and procedures, phone calls, scheduling and obtaining authorizations. Depending on the position, travel to various Foundation locations may be required.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting Program.
• Demonstration of medical assisting skills such as would be obtained in externship portion of Medical Assisting program working in the back office of a licensed physician or podiatrist.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers card is required upon hire.
• Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - Medical Assisting program with possession of a current certificate or registration through any of the following organizations:
o California Certifying Board for Medical Assistants (CCBMA-C)
o American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
o American Medical Technologists (AMT)
o National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
• Typing certificate 35 wpm
• Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology.
• Knowledge of what constitutes a medical emergency requiring a physician or licensed nurse's attention.
• Knowledge of scope of practice of a Medical Assistant.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Knowledge of computers and their applications.
• Ability to learn and successfully utilize the electronic health record.
• Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively and professionally in English.
• Dosage calculation skills as proven by successful competition of medication test.
• Competency in basic Medical Assisting skills such as medication administration, chart documentation, taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, performing basic testing such as finger sticks, ECGs etc.
• Ability to efficiently operate office equipment, i.e. fax, photocopy machine, etc.
• Organizational skills are important for this position.
• The ability to manage multiple priorities and demands on time, while remaining calm.
• Excellent customer service skills are required for this position.
• The ability to be flexible, be efficient and learn quickly.
License/Certifications:BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider - American Heart Association, CMA-Certified Medical Assistant - American Association of Medical Assistants
Education:Vocational/Technical/Trade Certificate (Required)
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started