Registered Nurse, Gastrointestinal Lab / Endoscopy
Nurses at Sutter Health are at the core of our relationships with patients and families, who trust us to provide them with the personalized care they deserve at the most vulnerable moments of their lives.
Our nurses helped create and embrace Sutter’s Nursing Philosophy of Care, a foundation that blends with Sutter’s core values to provide nurses with a unique and diverse environment where they can reach their full potential.
No matter what stage of your career, you’ll find a culture where we care about one another and offer a vast range of choices and possibilities to work with some of the most talented clinicians in the country.
- JOB TYPE: Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID MMCM-2101491 Date Posted 10/01/2021 Location Modesto, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day
The RN is evaluated based on the Benner model of clinical competence. This model recognizes the process of professional development, which moves from beginning understanding and application of nursing principles to expert practice acquired through experience and formal training. Five primary domains define nursing care at MMC: Nursing Process, Clinical Knowledge and Decision Making, Nurse Patient Relationship, Collaboration, and Leadership. It is recognized that RNs develop skills and abilities as they synthesize knowledge while moving through defined stages of learning. The evaluation is based on how the individual meets defined standards.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ASN) required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Current and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California OR must obtain prior to commencement of employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon hire
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate.
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate.
- Current Society of Gastroenterology Nurses & Associates (SGNA) preferred.
- One (1) year recent GI nursing experience or One (1) year recent Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit, or PACU-Recovery nursing experience or Two (2) years of recent Telemetry nursing experience
- One year recent experience (within the past five years) working as a
Registered Nurse in an acute care facility highly preferred.
Successful completion of MMC’s Clinical Nurse Resident (CNR) program OR completion of a new graduate RN program within the last two years is required.
Experience working in a similar unit with comparable patient acuity preferred.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
- Ability to navigate and perform required electronic documentation for the job using a windows based system.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:72
Applications Accepted:All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started