Instrument TechnicianJob ID STCH-2019459 Date Posted 11/20/2020 Location Tracy, California Schedule/Shift Part Time/ Variable
A full-service acute care facility serving the residents of Tracy for over 60 years, Sutter Tracy Community Hospital (STCH) has a total of 82 inpatient beds. STCH provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including: a 24-hour emergency department, inpatient and ambulatory surgical services, endoscopy lab, intensive care, diagnostic imaging, laboratory and rehabilitation services including physical, speech and occupational therapy. STCH also has specialized care for Hemodialysis, Family Birthing Center, Continence Center and a Pain Management Center. STCH is a not-for-profit, community-based hospital, affiliated with Sutter Health since 1993.
The Instrument Technician performs the functions of decontamination, disinfecting, cleaning, sterilizing, sorting and assembling of instrumentation and equipment used for invasive surgical procedures. Due to the potential for personal injury, this position is familiar with and practices safe instrument handling and the proper use of personal protective equipment. This position is fluent with all components to large instrument sets down to individual instruments for single wrap, in order to assemble and dissemble, inspect for functionality and be able to assure the provision of properly working instrumentation. This position able to assess instruments for integrity and removes instruments from the work flow and arranges for repair or replacement. This position is able to communicate such information to coworkers clearly and concisely and helps coordinate case flow. This position works in a fast paced environment, communicates directly with surgery scrub staff, the surgery charge nurse, vendors and physicians regarding the provision of instrumentation in a timely manner. This position monitors the sterilization equipment in the surgery department, runs tests and reports autoclaving activity, and is familiar with AMI Standards for sterilization.
- High school diploma
- Basic Life Support Certification at the time of hire or within 90 days of hire.
- 0-2 years experience required
- 0-2 years Surgical Services department specific experience required
- Certified Registered Central Services Tech (CRCST) preferred
Skills and Knowledge
Intermediate proficiency in the following:
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to perform simple and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to a given work load.
- The ability to get along with physicians, co-workers, peers, and patients; the ability to recognize potential hazards and follow appropriate precautions.
- The ability to understand and remember detailed instructions.
- Ability to respond to emergency and unusual events.
- Ability to wear protective clothing.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 48
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started