Ophthalmic Technician II (Certified)Job ID PAMF-2021229 Date Posted 01/13/2021 Location Sunnyvale, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day
- High School Diploma or equivalent education/experience required.
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technician (COT) by the Joint Commission of Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) required upon hire.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) required upon hire.
- 5 years of recent experience as Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or Technician with Contact Lens/Optical experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to operate visual testing equipment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Verbal and written communication skills for regular contact with employees, patients and patient families; requires tact.
- Organizational skills.
- Basic high school math aptitude.
- Clear and complete documentation skills along with computer data entry skills to enter patient information.
- Ability to lift and position patients.
- Professional, role model with leadership qualities that is motivated and demonstrates initiative in their work.
- Seeks to further skills through continuing education per certification requirements.
- Requires moderate mental application and concentration to handle varying procedures and interruptions.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work cohesively with others in a flexible and cooperative manner.
- Daily travel between locations within the bay area region may be required.
- Special licensure, certifications, experience, knowledge or accountabilities may be required for certain departments.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started