Pharmacy Technician - Per DiemJob ID SSRRH-2007031 Date Posted 05/15/2020 Location Santa Rosa, California Schedule/Shift Per Diem/ Variable
The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital (SSRRH) is located in the heart of Northern California's famous wine country, just 50 miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes from the beautiful Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care services to the residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years, SSRRH has 118 licensed beds (84 Inpatient, 24 Outpatient & 10 Labor & Delivery) and serves a population of more than 130,000+ people. Centers of excellence include: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Women's and Children's Services, and Level III NICU.
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the delivery of pharmacy services at the Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital. The Pharmacy Technician, under direct supervision of the pharmacist, has responsibility for pharmacy systems, pharmacy procedures and distribution, stock purchase and inventory control. The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for implementation of the departmental and organizational goals and strategic plan.
- Assists in the provision of pharmaceutical services including drug preparation, distribution and inventory control.
- Assists in billing, pricing, record keeping and provision of services required to meet regulatory requirements.
- Maintains records of drug distribution, works with vendors to requisition or return drugs.
- Maintains pharmacy, equipment and supplies in a clean and orderly condition.
In addition to the key accountabilities listed, employees working in this position are expected to accept and perform other duties as requested.
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Registered Pharmacy Technician (PHRMTECH-R) required.
- One year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a Hospital Pharmacy is desirable.
- Experience in unit dose distribution, IV admixture preparation, sterile technique and out patient dispensing is desirable.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Understanding of contemporary pharmacy practice including pharmaceutical compounding (drugs and parenteral solutions), medical terminology, generic and trade names of common drugs and familiarity with pharmacy data systems is required.
- Computer and typing experience essential.
- The Pharmacy Technician must possess the ability to coordinate pharmacy services with other programs / departments maintaining effective working relationships.
- Must have the ability to assemble, maintain, operate, adjust and make minor repairs to a wide variety of pharmacy equipment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills in Spanish is desirable.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 10 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started