Hospice Aide (Marin County)Job ID SCAH - 1914000 Date Posted 08/13/2019 Location Santa Rosa, California Schedule/Shift Full Time / Day
Under the supervision of the Director of Patient Care Services (DPCS), the Hospice Aide provides personal care and related non-professional household services necessary to meet the hygiene, ADL, and comfort needs of the homebound patient in alignment with SCAH, mission, goals and objectives. The Hospice Aide reports directly to the DPCS as do the other members of the interdisciplinary team. The HA receives functional guidance and supervision from the interdisciplinary team.
Education / Licensures / Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent education / experience - required
- Certified Home Health Aide - CHHA - required
- Automobile Insurance - required
- Driver License, Valid and in State - DL Number - required
- BLS - required
- Minimum one year experience performing duties as an aide in a home care setting or other health care related facility required.
- Direct patient care experience within the past five (5) years required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and health care practices is required as well as understanding of universal precautions.
- Demonstrate a positive customer service orientation; skill working with diverse groups of patients and co-workers; ability to solve customer-service related problems for internal and external customers.
- Ability to recognize the special needs and concerns of diverse groups of patients and others in the home.
- Ability to communicate with patients and significant others in an effective, mature, and caring manner.
- Tolerance for body secretions, strong odors, potential exposure to disease, and varied environmental conditions.
- Competency is evaluated by written test and during joint visits in the care of patients.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started