Perinatal Technician Santa CruzJob ID SMSC-2104563 Date Posted 05/10/2021 Location Santa Cruz, California Schedule/Shift Per Diem/ Variable
The Perinatal Technician, under direct supervision, is responsible and accountable for designated tasks related to preparing for and assisting with scheduled and emergency cesarean sections and other perinatal related procedures. Has a key role in working with and supporting the nursing staff to provide high quality and safe care to our perinatal patients. Maintains knowledge of and complies with current JCAHO Patient Safety goals. Works with Inventory Control clerk to maintain supplies for unit. Maintains specified equipment and processes instruments according to established procedures. Incumbent has access to Protected Health Information as needed to accomplish the duties outlined in this job description. This includes access to the entire medical record.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers (AHA) certification required
- Perinatal or OR Tech certification preferred
Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology and medical terminology and successful completion of an accredited program in operating room procedures and sterile technique
Ability to interpret schedule and prepare for operative procedures.
- 1 year experience in OR/Perinatal setting required.
- Approximately one to three months on the job experience necessary in order to acquire necessary familiarity with surgeons’ preferences, be able to accurately identify large volumes of surgical instruments and supplies and gain knowledge of unit policies and procedures.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:Per Diem
Applications Accepted:All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started