Certified Hand TherapistJob ID MPHS-2115805 Date Posted 10/22/2021 Location San Mateo, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day/Evening
The Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) is responsible for organizing and conducting medically prescribed evaluation and treatment
to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury or loss of a body part. This includes highly specialized
knowledge and skills in evaluating, assessing and treating upper extremity/hand dysfunction. The CHT develops a plan of
treatment with measurable functional and rehabilitative goals to restore independence and functional capacity. The incumbent
must perform age/diagnosis appropriate evaluation and re-assessment methods specialized for the upper extremity and hand.
The CHT posses advanced skills and training to fabricate splints, other custom restorative devices and ergonomics. The
incumbent provides care based on the age related needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient with
consideration of their development/psychosocial needs environmental safety, education needs, communication style, and level
of understanding. The incumbent is also required to provide general discipline specific therapy services to meet facility patient
care requirements. The CHT provides clinical supervision and oversight to therapists, assistants and aides in the provision of
hand and upper extremity therapy.
- Graduate of an accredited school of physical or occupational therapy.
- California licensed physical or occupational therapist.
- Actively pursuing Hand Therapy Certification by Hand Therapy Certification Commission.
- Certified Hand Therapist - CHT required within 180 days of hire.
- Occupational Therapists must be in compliance with Occupational Therapy Advance Practice Regulations for providing Hand Therapy and Physical Agent Modalities.
- Participation in professional organization is strongly encouraged.
- One continuing education course for each year of practice is desirable.
- Maintains current CPR Certification.
- Must have advanced hand therapy experience (minimum five years) required for Hand Therapy Certification Commission, Inc. certification required.
- Advanced knowledge of upper extremity and hand anatomy/physiology, disorders, injuries and medical treatments/surgical repair.
- The CHT has extensive knowledge of treatment upper extremity/hand therapy modalities, procedures, therapeutic activities, splinting and equipment/devices. Understands components of activity and adaptation as they relate to functional activities.
- Knowledge of clinical supervision methods for use of assistants and aides to provide therapy services required.
- Incumbent must have knowledge of documentation requirements for medical necessity and skilled services.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day/Evening
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:80
Applications Accepted:All Applications Accepted
Additional Location: Castro at Duboce, San Francisco, California
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started