Director of Patient Care Services-HospiceJob ID SCAH-1922175 Date Posted 12/09/2019 Location San Francisco, California Schedule/Shift Full Time / Day
On any given day, Sutter Care at Home (SCAH) touches the lives of thousands of individuals by bringing health care directly to our patient’s home - where most people chose to receive their care.
Sutter Care at Home is one of the largest not-for-profit home health care and hospice agencies in Northern California. Founded in 1906, SCAH is committed to compassion and excellence through home health care, hospice, home medical equipment and respiratory care, home infusion therapy, private and geriatric care, Lifeline medical alert services and community flu and wellness programs. Serving more than 150,000 patients in 23 counties each year, Sutter Care at Home clinicians partner with our patients for better health.
Through competitive wages and benefits, flexible schedules, innovative care models, new technologies, and tuition reimbursement - Sutter Care at Home strives to be your "employer of choice."
Sutter Care at Home is the home health care and hospice affiliate of Sutter Health, one of the nation's largest not-for-profit health care systems.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Hospice Administrator in the planning, organizing, and directing of patient care services in accordance with current standards and regulations so that the highest degree of quality care can be maintained at all times. Management and leadership skills needed include conflict management, negotiation, team building, communication, budget administration and coaching/mentoring others.
The Director, Patient Care Services directs patient assignments, staff scheduling and patient visit volume distributions, and assists in meeting financial targets by effectively managing utilization, productivity, personnel and supplies. Participates as necessary in referral intake, informational calls, team meetings and represents clinical staff on appropriate committees and the agency to the community.
Under the direction of the Hospice Administrator, the Hospice Director, Patient Care Services is responsible for assisting in the hiring process, orientation and evaluation of qualified personnel for all disciplines involved in hospice services. The Hospice Director, Patient Care Services coordinates all inter-disciplinary team meetings. The Hospice Director, Patient Care Services maintains knowledge specific to the needs of the unique patient populations.
The Director, Patient Care Services provides direct patient care in times of high census and/or for emergent need. Other managerial tasks and projects as assigned by Administrator.
RN graduate from an accredited curriculum required.
Licensures and Certifications
• Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN Required
• Basic Life Support Certification - HealthCare Provider - BLS-HCP Required
• Driver License, Valid and in State - DL NUMBER Required
• Automobile Insurance - INSURANCE Required
• 3-5 years Minimum of two years experience in own discipline within the last five years required.
• 6 mos-2 years Previous clinical experience in a home health or hospice agency preferred.
• 6 mos-2 years Minimum one year previous supervisory experience in a health care setting strongly preferred.
Shall have sufficient background knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making for the patient populations assigned, to meet the needs of the patients and to contribute to Quality Management review and evaluation required.
Skills and Knowledge
• Shall have sufficient background knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making for the patient populations assigned, to meet the needs of the patients and to contribute to Quality Management review and evaluation.
• Must have the clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to effectively plan, organize and provide coordination of patient care and daily operations consistent with Sutter Care at Home’s strategic and operating plan, standards and regulations;
• must have exceptional interpersonal skills;
• must be able to effectively solve unique problems as they arise or identify when to consult the hospice administrator.
• Must have excellent organizational and management skills to handle multiple level complex patient care issues.
• Requires the ability to be a strong and consistent mentor to staff and use the disciplinary process appropriately.
• Must have knowledge of current accredidation standards, Medicare, Medi-Cal, State and Federal regulations, demonstrated functional knowledge of HME as used in the hospice setting, a comprehensive knowledge of nursing practice, risk management as applicable to hospice setting for the population served including the special needs of the terminally ill, and patients of all ages.
• Possesses the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff members, physicians, patients and their families;
• flexibility and independence required to work competently and autonomously in the absence of the hospice administrator.
• Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, motivation, flexibility and creativity.
• Ability to achieve harmonious working relationships with both internal and external customers.
• Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills;
• collaborative and problem solving skills;
• must possess good computer skills or willingness to achieve necessary computer skills.
• Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts;
• effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, and to effectively solve unique problems as they arise or identify when to consult supervisor.
• Must be able to deal with a challenging work environment from time demands and conflicting priorities.
• Maintain a positive and professional image and demonstrate self-directed learning to meet professional development and/or license requirements.
• At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet core competencies for position and area of specialty, as appropriate.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started