Hospice/Home Health Telephone Registered Nurse
Nurses at Sutter Health are at the core of our relationships with patients and families, who trust us to provide them with the personalized care they deserve at the most vulnerable moments of their lives.
Our nurses helped create and embrace Sutter’s Nursing Philosophy of Care, a foundation that blends with Sutter’s core values to provide nurses with a unique and diverse environment where they can reach their full potential.
No matter what stage of your career, you’ll find a culture where we care about one another and offer a vast range of choices and possibilities to work with some of the most talented clinicians in the country.
- JOB TYPE: Short Hour
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SCAH-1918029 Date Posted 09/03/2019 Location Salt Lake City, Utah Schedule/Shift Short Hour / Variable
- WORK FROM HOME OPPORTUNTIES. You must be able to work onsite at our Utah facility for the first 6 months of employment. After that, work from home opportunities are available.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance 100% covered, no premiums for you and your family at 30 hours a week.
- Provide virtual care to patients via the telephone
- Our Advice/Triage Nurses triage calls to the most appropriate level of care
- Advice & Telephone Nurses provide symptom management advice and self-care intervention, identifying resources, consulting, and referring
- Our Telephone/Triage Nurses Taking after-hours calls and performing Nurse follow-up activities
- You will need passion for palliative care
- You will need to be empathetic, and compassionate
- You will need to be a great listener and strong communicator
- You will need to have the sense to know when to ask more or less questions and be respectful and professional in your clinical care telephone demeanor.
- You will need to demonstrate and exercise independent and sound judgment to assist patients with complex and diverse issues effectively and efficiently.
- You will be required to utilize and navigate proficiently through an electronic health record; the ability to learn this technology will be required.
- Non-restricted board certified Registered Nurse (RN). In addition, you must obtain and maintain a non-restricted California RN license through the Board of Registered Nurses. Sutter Physician Services will pay for applicable fees for the initial licensing process.
- At least 1 year of clinical experience providing direct patient care.
- At least 1 year of clinical experience in one of the following areas: advanced chronic illness, palliative care, hospice care (other home care based experience may be considered in lieu of hospice).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Knowledge of state and federal hospice and home health regulatory guidelines.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8/10 Hour Blended Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Short Hour
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 28
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started