Senior Leave CoordinatorJob ID CWP-2201665 Date Posted 01/24/2022 Location Sacramento, California Schedule/Shift Temporary/Contract/ Day
Thank you for your interest in temporary contract opportunities with RightSourcing at Sutter Health and wanting to assist our team that proudly cares for more than 3 million of our neighbors across Northern California.
Coordinates all aspects of the Integrated Disability and Absence Management (IDAM) Program for the Sutter Health system for the assigned territory. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Coordinating the leave of absence program, facilitating the ADA/FEHA interactive process, coordinating the non-occupational return to work program, providing back-up coverage to other Disability Management Coordinators during vacation or leave of absence. Provides technical support and follow-up to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow of all IDAM procedures and projects. Functions as a liaison between the manager/supervisor, W.C. Coordinator (as appropriate), Human Resources Business Partner and employees for all disability related matters and provides accurate interpretation of LOA/ADA policies and procedures to management and staff. Provides resources and training to management/employees regarding IDAM policies and procedures, statistical data for ADA, Connecting to Work (CTW) and leaves of absences, and provides oversight of activities designed to facilitate returning employees to work. Collaborates with HRBP’s on Disability cases with a Job Performance or employee relations component/overlap; participates in the investigatory process and development of a case management strategy.
BA/BS required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Cert Professional in Disability Mngt, Professional in Human Resources, Sr Professional IN Human Resources or W.C. certification desired.
• Current experience in Disability Management, Risk Management or Human Resources as typically acquired in approximately three (3) to five (5) years
• Current experience in interpreting and communicating policy provisions as typically acquired in approximately three (3) to five (5) years
• Current experience in managing leave of absence administration and/or workers’ compensation case/claims management as typically acquired in approximately three (3) to five (5) years
• Demonstrated current knowledge of Federal and State regulations regarding State Disability, Family Medical Leave Act, California Family Rights Act, Pregnancy Disability Leave, Reasonable Accommodation, American’s with Disabilities Act, and Fair Employment and Housing Act and Workers Compensation.
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Demonstrated skills in PC applications (Professional Microsoft Office Computer Software).
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Requires extensive skills in interpersonal communication and relationships.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing priorities in an interruptive environment.
• Ability to exercise significant patience, understanding and empathy when dealing with all contacts and possess the ability to maintain the integrity of confidential information.
• Ability to work with diverse health care and administrative professionals at all organizational levels.
• Possess excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and customer service skills.
• Possess effective listening and conflict resolution skills.
Employee Status: Temporary
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started