Security Officer IIJob ID R-8191 Date Posted 09/16/2022 Location Sacramento, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Per Diem/Casual/Days
Position Overview:Provides a secure and safe environment that allows patients, visitors, physicians, personnel and volunteers to deliver or receive quality services with minimal threats against their personal well-being and property. Is responsible for patrolling and monitoring facility premises, observing and reporting suspicious and unauthorized activities and unsafe conditions. Is responsible for access control, control of keys and emergency response and notification. Renders assistance and security related services to staff, physicians, patients, and visitors, including monitoring and restraining violent patients. Investigates and documents incidents relative to the facility and provides necessary liaison between staff and local law enforcement agencies.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- BSIS Proprietary Private Security Officer (PSO) license upon hire
- DL-California Drivers Class C
- AUTO-Automobile Insurance
PRFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 1 year of military, security, law enforcement or related public safety experience (e.g. corrections, firefighters).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of the usual duty requirements of a security officer with an emphasis on the physical and emotional maturity required for the high degree of judgment and diplomacy necessary to work efficiently in a healthcare environment.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to write incident reports and read business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every Weekend
Employee Status:Per Diem/Casual
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started