Financial Analyst II, Financial Business ServicesJob ID R-23976 Date Posted 01/13/2023 Location Sacramento, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/40
Organization:SMF-Sutter Med Foundation- Central
Position Overview:Prepares accurate and timely financial reports and statements. Performs financial forecasts and analysis relating to operations, profitability, benchmarking or resource utilization, identifying trends, variances and performance gaps. Supports leaders in preparing annual operating and/or capital budgets, and reviews submitted data to ensure budget numbers upload into financial system accurately. Maintains financial reporting/cost accounting system, reviewing data uploads, and updating and reconciling system data.
*This is position is eligible to work from home. Open to California residents only.
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- Bachelor's: Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related field or equivalent education/experience
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 2 years progressively responsible analytical and reporting experience in accounting, budgeting, and/or finance
- 2 years experience with preparing financial analysis and reporting.
- 2 years experience with budgeting process.
- 2 years experience working with accounting/financial or budget systems.
- 2 years experience designing spreadsheets and utilizing features such as pivot tables, graphs, data filter, and lookup functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial operations and processes.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of financial analysis principles, methods, practices, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting/financial systems and how it’s used in compiling, recording, maintaining accounting/financial transactions and information.
- Ability to translate financial data & analysis into reports and presentations for appropriate audience.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply policies, procedures, practices, and regulatory & legal requirements.
- Ability to compute and apply basic mathematical functions and computations, including percentages, decimals and prorated amounts.
- Critical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work with large data sets.
- Organization skills and attention to details.
- Displays a customer service focus in all decisions and actions.
- Ability to prioritize workload to complete assignments accurately and timely, and to meet strict timelines.
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means.
Pay Range: 34.42-51.63
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
This position is work from home eligible.
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started