Thank you for your interest in working within the Sutter Health System. Our organization is implementing two exciting enhancements, a transition of the technology that supports our employment application process and the realignment of our jobs to a common career framework across our system. These changes will further enhance the career development experience for our employees and applicants. As a result of this change, there may be adjustments to job descriptions, job postings, and job titles between May and July 2022. Any impacts on you as an applicant will be shared directly with you throughout the selection process. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Sutter Health!
Environmental Service Aide IJob ID SMCS-2207619 Date Posted 06/23/2022 Location Sacramento, California
We are so glad you are interested in joining Sutter Health!
Organization:SMCS-Sutter Med Center - Sacramento
Position Overview:Maintains a clean, attractive and safe environment in assigned areas by performing a variety of appropriate cleaning, transport, equipment handling, room set-up, trash removal, and linen handling duties. Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the facility. Distributes supplies to departments as needed and maintains stock levels. Gains confidence and cooperation from peers and supervisors through effective communication and competent job performance. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure sanitization and safety while delivering optimal performance.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of maintaining a sterile environment including proper cleaning procedures and various equipment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to communicate with fellow team members, supervisors, patients, and other hospital personnel.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate of basic environmental service equipment including mechanical floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums, washers, dryers and more.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines,
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions,
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options,
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other staff members to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Education:High School Diploma (Required)
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every Weekend
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started