Actuarial ManagerJob ID SHP-2202503 Date Posted 06/15/2022 Location Sacramento, California Schedule/Shift Regular/Days
Organization:Sutter Health Plan - Valley
Position Overview:Responsible for overseeing all facets of financial model design and will dedicate a significant amount of time to pricing, product development, medical cost analytics, and valuation. Responsible for coordinating the deliverables for all work performed by the actuarial consulting team and will handle all the in-house actuarial and underwriting support for the plan which will be initially focused on pricing, reserving, and actuarial data mart development. Collaborates with other department heads within the organization to provide analytical support on all topics involving the actuarial,underwriting and healthcare economics. Designs, prices and underwrites group health products. This position will also be responsible for hiring, managing, and training the actuarial analysts and underwriting analysts. Works on risk management and provider reimbursement.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, or related field or equivalent education/experience
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) Upon Hire
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 8 years of underwriting experience in healthcare.
- 8 years supervisory experience leading a work or cross functional underwriting team.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Thorough understanding Actuarial/Underwriting principles for risk management.
- Ability to analyze data and claims history to identify trend drivers and use the analytics to project future levels of risk.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare industry, products and business cycles/trends.
- Excellent quantitative skills with appropriate judgment and attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to lead direct reports and/or major cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate flexibility, comfort in dealing with ambiguity, ability to make data driven decision
- Ability to analyze, interpret and make reasonable judgment using available data
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
This position is work from home eligible.
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started