Laboratory Assistant - Ambulatory Patient Service CenterJob ID SMF-C-2105322 Date Posted 05/03/2021 Location Roseville, California Schedule/Shift Per Diem/ Day/Evening
- Appropriately manages laboratory information.
- Collects blood specimens using age-appropriate techniques and receives/accessions samples for testing.
- Completes registration and/or test order entry.
- May occasionally assist clinicians in special procedures.
- Processes specimens according to established protocol.
California State Phlebotomy Technician I or II Certification is required or must be a licensed healthcare professional (e.g. RN,, LVN,
MLT, or CLS) and phlebotomy included within the scope of the license.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Post-high school course work related to the medical field (e.g. medical terminology, basic anatomy, physiology, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following: phlebotomy,specimen processing or clerical (lab preferred).
- Proficiency in laboratory and/or hospital information systems is highly desirable.
- Patient contact in a hospital or outpatient setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and laboratory operations is required.
- General knowledge of blood borne pathogens and lab safety is preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a complex fast-paced environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
- Must be able to work within established timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day/Evening
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Saturday
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
Additional Location: Sacramento, California
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started