Thank you for your interest in working within the Sutter Health System. Our organization is implementing two exciting enhancements, a transition of the technology that supports our employment application process and the realignment of our jobs to a common career framework across our system. These changes will further enhance the career development experience for our employees and applicants. As a result of this change, there may be adjustments to job descriptions, job postings, and job titles between May and July 2022. Any impacts on you as an applicant will be shared directly with you throughout the selection process. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Sutter Health!
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician IJob ID R-2610 Date Posted 08/07/2022 Location Roseville, California Schedule/Shift Per Diem/Casual/Evenings
Organization:SRMC-Sutter Roseville Med Center
Position Overview:Performs pharmaceutical procedures for medication preparation and distribution that ensures safe, effective, and cost efficient medication therapy. Exercises sound judgment, and developed clinical skills to provide pharmaceutical support to the patient's plan of care based on the diagnosis in a timely manner. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety. May also be responsible for performing specific tasks and/or orient other staff to the department.
Graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
Registered Pharmacy Technician
As typically acquired in one year as a pharmacy technician is preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic and trade pharmaceutical names, pharmaceutical calculations and laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of different Pharmacy practice settings, including narcotic delivery and procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to identify and employ pharmaceutical and medical terms, abbreviations and symbols commonly used in prescribing, dispensing, and record keeping of medications.
- Requires a basic working knowledge of legal requirements and accreditation standards including National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), The Joint Commission (TJC), Title XXII, United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), related pharmaceutical technology, EHR, and EPIC.
- Carry out calculations and execute basic math skills needed for common dosage determination.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s PHI.
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
License/Certifications:PHARMT-Pharmacy Technician - California State Board of Pharmacy
Education:Vocational/Technical/Trade Certificate: Pharmacy (Required)
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Once a Month
Employee Status:Per Diem/Casual
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started