Inpatient Clinical Pharmacist IIIJob ID R-57089 Date Posted 11/20/2023 Location Roseville, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Per Diem/Casual/Days
Organization:SRMC-Sutter Roseville Med Center
Position Overview:Delivers pharmaceutical care through the provision of patient-centered clinical service, medication information, education, medication preparation and distribution that ensures safe, effective, and cost efficient medication therapy. Exercises sound judgment, and developed clinical skills to provide input to and implement the patient's plan of care based on the diagnosis in a timely manner. Gains confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers through competent patient assessment, attentive monitoring and care, and effective communication. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care. May also be responsible for performing specific tasks and/or orient other staff to the department.
- Doctorate: Graduation from an accredited school of Pharmacy.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- PHARMD-Licensed Pharmacist
- OR PHARMR-Registered Pharmacist
- ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life Support (for those who will be responding to codes)
- 1 year of recent relevant inpatient hospital pharmacy experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, generic and trade pharmaceutical names, pharmaceutical calculations and laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of different Pharmacy practice settings, including narcotic delivery and procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to identify and employ pharmaceutical and medical terms, abbreviations and symbols commonly used in prescribing, dispensing, and record keeping of medications.
- Requires a basic working knowledge of legal requirements and accreditation standards including National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), The Joint Commission (TJC), Title XXII, United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), related pharmaceutical technology, EHR, and EPIC.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s PHI.
Shift Hours:8/10 Blended
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Employee Status:Per Diem/Casual
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range is $88.31 to $97.14 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started