Diabetes Educator IIJob ID R-7460 Date Posted 08/09/2022 Location Roseville, California Schedule/Shift Regular/Days
Organization:SMF-Sutter Med Foundation- Central
Position Overview:Provides diabetes self-management education/training (DSMT) and/or medical nutrition therapy (MNT) to individuals, family members, and groups. Manages the care of a distinct patient population through assessment of educational needs, nutritional guidelines, lifestyle interventional goals, and counseling. Coordinates patient care in collaboration with other healthcare providers (physicians, pharmacists, case managers, social workers, etc.) to develop effective individualized protocols (medication, therapy, nutrition, devices, etc.) that empower patients with the techniques and behavior modifications to help control their disease, avoid potential complications, and bring about lasting improvements in their quality of life.
Bachelor's: Dietetics, nutrition or related field or equivalent education/experience
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
CDCES-Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist preferred
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 2 years experience of expertise as a diabetes educator.
- 2 years experience in medical nutrition therapy.
- 2 years experience with insulin titration.
- Weight management and bariatric surgery counseling experience preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven competency in standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the diabetes education specialty field that demonstrates clinical judgment, technical skills and knowledge base.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of diabetes monitoring and managing equipment, including blood glucose monitors, insulin injection devices, and the computer software associated with these devices.
- Advance knowledge of adult learning theory and ability to provide individual and group education.
- Exceptional attention to detail with time management and organization skills, including being an effective decision maker and expert delegator.
- Solid knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and EPIC to enter/update electronic medical records (EMR).
- Prioritize activities and work within defined policies, procedures, and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines; help determine appropriate approach for new assignments.
- Use experience and existing precedents or procedures to resolve atypical or infrequent problems; provide informal guidance and support to junior team members.
- Work independently as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Communicate technical or sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences (patients, patients’ family/support group, physicians, and staff).
License/Certifications:RD-Registered Dietitian - Commission on Dietetic Registration
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started