Patient Services LeadJob ID R-55744 Date Posted 11/20/2023 Location Palo Alto, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/40
Organization:PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation PAD
Position Overview:Supports, organizes and coordinates the overall operation of Patient Services, including staffing and work assignments of patient services representatives, assistants and interns. Supports updates to policies, procedures and protocols to streamline workflow, improve efficiency, and strengthen quality assurance. Ensures the timely delivery of services to patients and oversees the efficient operation of the department. Serves as the liaison between Patient Services and staff, physicians, patients, family and other employees. Ensures services are provided in a manner consistent with best practices, accreditation standards and State and Federal regulations. Adheres to all organizational, local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering patient care. This role is intended for use by employees employed by an outpatient facility.
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements and Qualifications are not exhaustive, but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
• Assesses and monitors the patient services workload and assigns duties, adjusts assignments, and provides input and assistance to fellow staff.
• Identifies reoccurring registration errors and identifies potential solutions.
• Serves as the liaison between patient services other departments as required to help resolve account issues.
• Oversees or performs patient services or check-ins as needed.
• Ensures the completion of routine and priority tasks within established departmental time frames.
• Mentors and fosters a constructive teaching environment that helps students and new representatives build confidence in their skills, knowledge and abilities.
• Performs general clerical tasks, such as answering phones; updating patient appointments; or retrieving, entering, and revising patient Electronic Health Records (EHR).
• Prepares and completes accurate documentation related to patient, procedures and authenticates documentation.
• Participates in quality improvement processes, including updating and revision of procedure manuals and interdisciplinary projects.
• Maintains a clean, neat, and safe working environment, including organizing files and keeping desks free of loose papers and clutter.
• Maintains strictest confidence of all patient protected health information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental, intentional, or inappropriate disclosure.
• Documents patient information and services provided in accordance with state and federal regulations.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
4 years of recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Basic knowledge of insurance policies and procedures, as well as patient billing.
Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
Time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadline.
Broad knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Prioritize and delegate assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve department objectives and meet deadlines.
Work autonomously, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
Identify, evaluate and resolve complex that arise with little or no precedent.
Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
Build collaborative relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
See required physical demands, mental components, visual activities & working conditions at the following link: Job Requirements
Days of the Week:Monday - Friday
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range is $31.51 to $39.39 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started