Medical Assistant- Urgent Care- Orinda (SHORT HOUR)Job ID SEBMF-2005809 Date Posted 03/26/2020 Location Orinda, California Schedule/Shift Short Hour/ Variable
The Medical Assistant assists clinicians and other members of the health care team in clinic offices by performing a variety of back office, patient-related tasks and ensuring smooth patient and work flow within the department. May work at any SEBMF office location. Adheres to SEBMF policies and procedures and supports the mission and vision statement.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assisting program
- American Heart Association Healthcare Practitioner certification (BLS)
- Demonstrated medical assisting skills in ambulatory care (not an externship)
- Ability to work in a team environment. Willing to cross train in other department
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology. Knowledge of what constitutes a medical emergency requiring a physician or licensed nurse's attention
- Knowledge of scope of practice of a Medical Assistant. Knowledge and understanding of medication administration. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Current injections skills. Dosage calculation skills as proven by successful completion of medication test.
- Competency in basic Medical Assisting skills such as chart documentation, taking vital signs, preparing patients for exam, etc.
- Ability to efficiently operate office equipment, i.e. EHR, fax, photocopy machine, etc. Ability to accept, implement and evaluate change
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities paying particular attention to detail. Organizational skills are important for this position
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demands on time, while remaining calm. Excellent customer service skills are required for this position
- Medical Assistant certification from one of the following agencies:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- California Medical Assistant Association (CCBMA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT) OR
- Multi-skilled Medical Certification Institute via national center for competency testing (NCCT)
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Short Hour
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 32
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started