Staff Nurse II, Surgery/OR TemporaryJob ID R-6999 Date Posted 11/23/2022 Location Oakland, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Per Diem/Casual/Days
Position Overview:Applying the principles of the nursing process and working within the policies/procedures of the Patient Care Services Department and the Medical Center, the staff nurse is a registered nurse (RN) who, as the patient's primary nurse, is responsible and accountable for:
* The overall management of the nursing care provided, assuring competent, compassionate and cost-effective patient care from admission to discharge;
* Assuring the safety, comfort, personal hygiene and protection of patients and performing disease prevention and restorative measures;
* Responding to medical and environmental emergencies
- Demonstrates working knowledge of patient care techniques, medications, treatments and general health care procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to:
• provide basic patient care to a diverse patient population
• read/interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
• write legibly and effectively present ideas, document activities
• demonstrate leadership abilities
• deal with problems involving several variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Minimum one year current experience in area of specialty Required
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing Required.
Education Level: Bachelor's Preferred
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN Required
Basic Life Support Certification - BLS Required
DEPARTMENT-SPECIFIC LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
ACLS preferred. Certification as a perioperative nurse (CNOR) preferred
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Employee Status:Per Diem/Casual
Number of Openings:2
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started