Home Health AideJob ID SCAH-2106313 Date Posted 05/04/2021 Location Novato, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day
Under the supervision of the Primary Care Clinician and/or Clinical Manager, the Home Health Aide provides personal care and related non-professional household services necessary to meet the hygiene, activities of daily living, and comfort needs of the homebound patient.
- Certified Home Health Aide - CHHA
- Basic Life Support Certification - BLS
- Driver License, Valid and in State - DL NUMBER
- Automobile Insurance - INSURANCE
- Minimum one year experience performing duties as an aide in a home care setting or other health care related facility.
- Direct patient care experience within the past five years required.
- Demonstrate a positive customer service orientation; skill working with diverse groups of patients and co-workers; ability to solve customer-service related problems for internal and external customers.
- Ability to recognize the special needs and concerns of diverse groups of patients and others in the home.
- Ability to communicate with patients and significant others in an effective, mature, and caring manner.
- Tolerance for body secretions, strong odors, potential exposure to disease, and varied environmental conditions.
- Productivity standards – ability to meet productivity expectations (3-6 pt. visits per day, depending on visit type and needs).
- Must be able to meet company productivity standards as indicated by organization and manager.
- Must be able to hear, read, write and speak clearly to effectively communicate with department staff, other Sutter Care at Home employees and community, and carryout essential functions.
- Must be able to deal with challenging work environment with time demands and occasional conflicting priorities.
- Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts; effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, think critically to both effectively plan and organize department operations consistent with Sutter Care at Home’s strategic and operating objectives and to effectively solve unique problems as they arise or identify when to consult supervisor.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to be aware of surroundings and respond to emergency and/or urgent events.
- Ability to select and utilize patient transfer/transport equipment safely.
- Ability to assist with possibly disoriented, combative patients.
- Ability to work in mentally and physically demanding environment.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: One Weekend a Month
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Applications Accepted: All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started