Registration and SchedulerJob ID R-3012 Date Posted 12/01/2022 Location Mountain View, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/40
Organization:PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation CAD
Position Overview:Performs general registration duties by interviewing patients or their representatives. Enters accurate information onto appropriate forms and computer system. Collects appropriate co-payments, and obtains signatures. May escort patients to destination if required. Maintains scheduling for department and/or specialized procedures. Coordinates services with physicians' offices, and other related departments, verifying room and equipment availability if necessary. Gains confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers through competent job performance and effective communication.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
- 1 year as typically acquired in a similar environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of medical terminology including a variety of diagnostic tests, surgeries, consultations and procedures.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to communicate with fellow team members, supervisors, patients, and other hospital personnel.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s PHI.
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other staff members to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started