Clinical Pharmacist - Complex CareJob ID PAMF-2005952 Date Posted 03/26/2020 Location Mountain View, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day
The Clinical Pharmacist will work independently and in consultation with physicians and other health care providers across the health care continuum to ensure appropriate medication therapy for individual patients within the community based outpatient practice environment . This will be accomplished using patient interviews and counseling, reviewing the medical record and medication profile, consulting with physicians, teaching , staff education, medication use evaluation, adverse reaction monitoring and resolving medication-related problems. The clinical pharmacist's interventions will target this high risk population through the provision of medication reconciliation and comprehensive medication use management in focused disease states. In addition , the clinical pharmacist will also assist with care coordination, disease state education and monitoring to achieve optimal outcomes. The Clinical Pharmacist will be focused on chronic disease state management as part of a coordinated team and practice under a collaborative practice agreement to prescribe medications to patients . The Clinical Pharmacist must be capable of using his/her professional judgment and clinical expertise in the daily solving of complex problems and in the provision of clinical information with the scope of practice and have the capability to work with little direct supervision.
- Current, unrestricted CA Drivers License
- Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy is highly desirable
- Must be licensed to practice pharmacy in California
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of pharmacotherapy
- Knowledge of acute and chronic disease and its effects on patients and caregivers.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills collaborating with physicians, patients, families, care givers, service providers, and health care team.
- Self-starter who can work independently without close supervision and who ensures management staff are kept aware of any issues
- Ability to travel
- Experience coordinating care across disciplines and within the community; ability to coordinate community resources.
- Experience working with complex medical conditions, chronic diseases across the age spectrum
- Experience promoting education and patient self determination
- Experience practicing in an ambulatory care setting a plus but not required
- Broad acute clinical background (experience in more than one population and level of care) strongly preferred
- Experience working in EPIC and EPIC Tapestry
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started