Sterile Processing TechnicianJob ID SOPS-1918038 Date Posted 02/14/2020 Location Modesto, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day
Responsible for decontamination, correct assembly, and sterile processing of all instrumentation used at the surgery center. Responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of sterile supplies for the surgery center.
High School Diploma or equivalent education/experience required.
Licensures and Certifications
CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution) Technician Certification preferred
• Sterile processing technician experience as would typically be obtained in two years including experience in assembly and sterilization of surgical instrumentation – OR completion of formal Sterile Processing Technician training or certification program that includes aseptic technique and infection control training.
Skills and Knowledge
• Considerable knowledge of instruments used in various surgical procedures and of sterile and instrument asepsis.
• Working knowledge of regulatory standards for universal precautions, sterilization methodologies, and regulatory standards for biological monitoring.
• Ability to work within the team
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency within the unit • Ability to foster teamwork/spirit
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started