Radiation Therapist IIJob ID R-25669 Date Posted 01/23/2023 Location Modesto, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/40
Organization:MMC-Memorial Medical Center
Position Overview:** $10,000 Sign On Bonus Offered **
Competently performs routine and specialized radiation treatments in accordance with the treatment plan developed by the physician. Works independently, exercising sound judgment, and developed clinical skills to execute safe and precise procedures to deliver accurate results in a timely manner. Gains confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers through competent patient assessment, attentive monitoring, and effective communication. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care. May also be responsible for performing specific procedures and/or orient other staff to the department.
- Graduation from an accredited Radiation Therapy Program
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- ARRT - Radiography - American Register of Radiologic Technologists
- CRT-Certified Radiologic Technologist within 1 1/2 Yrs of hire
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- 2 years requires basic clinical and practical experience as typically acquired in a similar environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of radiation therapy principles, procedures, views, and equipment, including some experience responding to traumas and various hospital emergencies.
- Capable of performing routine radiation treatment and simulations as well as a basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadline
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and related information systems (Radiology (RIS), laboratory (LIS), electronic health records (EHR), EPIC, and picture archive and communication system (PACS).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Pay Range: $57.30 - $80.21
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started