Physical Therapist AssistantJob ID MMCM-2004511 Date Posted 03/26/2020 Location Modesto, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Day
Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center MMC provides a full continuum of care, including:
- 24-hour emergency care
- inpatient and outpatient surgery
- specialty services in obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, sleep disorders and physical therapy
- a Level II Trauma Center
Memorial Medical Center is an accredited Chest Pain Center and STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center.
MMC is part of Sutter Health, one of the nation’s top five large health systems thanks to its integrated network of physician, employee and volunteer pioneers—more than 60,000 people strong. Rooted in Sutter Health’s not-for-profit mission, these team members partner to deliver exceptional care that feels personal. From physician offices to hospitals to outpatient care centers and home services, they proudly support and learn from the more than 3 million people in their care—nearly 1 percent of the U.S. population, in one of the most diverse and innovative regions in the world.
Under direction of the Physical Therapist, the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) is directly responsible for the performance of physical therapy treatments and other direct rehabilitation services provided to acute care patients.All patient services are documented appropriately and updated to justify continued intervention.
- Graduate from an accredited program of Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), or equivalent foreign physical therapy degree acceptable to the Physical Therapy Board of California.
- Current PTA Licensure by the Physical Therapy Board of California, OR must obtain within 180 days of hire.
- Certified as a Basic Life Support provider (BLS).
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job
- Able to work frequent PM or weekend shifts
- An active member of American Physical Therapy Association.
- Previous experience in physical disabilities and rehabilitation in acute care setting.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 10 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started