Clerical Referral Specialist (Home Health) (Full-Time, TEMPORARY)Job ID CWP-2019518 Date Posted 11/18/2020 Location Modesto, California Schedule/Shift Temporary/Contract/ Day/Evening
Thank you for your interest in temporary contract opportunities with RightSourcing at Sutter Health and wanting to assist our team that proudly cares for more than 3 million of our neighbors across Northern California.
High school diploma or equivalent with successful completed course work or equivalent experience in medical terminology &/or working in healthcare environments.
- Minimum of two years experience working in a health care environment required.
- Customer service background via telephonic communications required.
- Proven customer relations and phone etiquette abilities required.
- Clerical and computer skills required including experience with office machines and a working knowledge of phone and filing systems.
- Knowledge of basic Medical Terminology preferred.
- Familiarity with ICD-10 coding preferred but not essential.
- Able to operate copy machines, fax machines, basic computer programs, word processing and e-mail. Familiarity with Excel preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal English skills required.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information, comply with HIPPA regulations and maintain workflow systems required.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency (after training and introductory period) in efficient use of electronic medical record systems.
- Strong data entry and general computer skills required. This position maintains a 5% or less data entry error.
- Must be able to flex with the increased workflow when census is higher and recognize urgency of each task.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, to perform multiple tasks effectively and efficiently, to work with minimal supervision, to react to change productively and to handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to hear, read, write and speak clearly to effectively communicate with department staff, other employees and community, and carryout essential functions.
- Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts; effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, and to effectively solve unique problems as they arise or identify when to consult supervisor.
- Must be able to deal with a challenging work environment from time demands and conflicting priorities. Maintain a positive and professional image and demonstrate self-directed learning to meet professional development and/or license requirements.
- At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet core competencies for position and area of specialty, as appropriate.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays per the business needs.
Employee Status: Temporary
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day/Evening
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started