Nurse Practitioner, Rural Health ClinicJob ID R-31067 Date Posted 04/07/2023 Location Los Banos, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/36
Organization:MHLB-Memorial Hospital Los Banos
Position Overview:Sutter Health, Northern California's largest health network with 23 acute care hospitals, more than 5,000 primary care physicians and specialists, home health, occupational health, psychiatric care and more provides comprehensive medical services in more than 100 Northern California communities. Our mission, vision and values lay the foundation for our day-to-day work in doctors’ offices, home health and hospice programs, hospitals, laboratories, research facilities, administrative offices and medical education services. As a unified health care network, we partner to spread innovation, improve access to health care services and put our patients’ needs first—all to achieve the highest levels of quality, access and affordability.
The Nurse Practitioner assesses, diagnoses, plans and implements the medical care of patients in collaboration with a physician. Functions within the full scope of licensure; accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and evaluation of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all patients in assigned areas. Develops, implements, manages an optimal interdisciplinary plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support groups, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely and effective communications. Adheres to hospital policies, industry standards, best practices, and applicable laws/regulations and codes to promote quality, highly reliable patient experience. Engages in continuous growth and development in professional advanced nursing practice. Follows ambulatory care and inpatient standardized procedures, protocols, policies and procedures regulated by the State of California Nurse Practice Act.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus for new hires to Sutter Health.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Master's: Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- NP-Nurse Practitioner
- California Registered Nurse License
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- Experience as a nurse practitioner
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated general knowledge and competence with regard to advanced nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology; anatomy; and physiology.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and changes in local/state/federal regulations.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook), Electronic Health Record.
- Prioritize and delegate assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Pay Range: $72.40 - $101.36
A sign-on bonus is available for new hires of Sutter Health.
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started