Computed Tomography (CT) TechnologistJob ID R-51884 Date Posted 09/28/2023 Location Los Banos, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/20
Organization:MHLB-Memorial Hospital Los Banos
Position Overview:**$5,000.00 Sign-on Bonus**
Competently performs routine and specialized computerized tomography procedures to produce quality images to physicians and other health care providers for the diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and prevention of injury or disease. Works independently, exercising sound judgment, and developed clinical skills to execute safe and precise procedures to deliver accurate results in a timely manner. Gains confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers through competent patient assessment, attentive monitoring, and effective communication. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care. May also be responsible for performing specific procedures and/or may help orient other staff to the department.
- Graduation from a JRCERT- accredited Radiologic Technologist Program
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- CA CRT - Certified Radiologic Technologist
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 5 years experience in clinical and practical CT Tech work as typically acquired in a similar environment.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- General knowledge of diagnostic computerized tomography principles, procedures, views, and equipment, including some experience responding to traumas and various hospital emergencies.
- Capable of performing routine CT examinations as well as a basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology.
- Possess written and verbal communication skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and related information systems (Radiology (RIS), laboratory (LIS), electronic health records (EHR), EPIC, and picture archive and communication system (PACS).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Days of the Week:Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Weekend Requirements:Rotating Weekends
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range is $48.75 to $60.93 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started