Clinical & Healthcare Risk Specialist IIJob ID R-55618 Date Posted 11/20/2023 Location Los Altos, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/40
Organization:PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation PAD
Position Overview:Contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of systems, programs and policies designed to reduce or eliminate loss/risk exposure. Conducts investigations or supports primary investigator in investigations related to clinical and non-clinical patient safety reports, provides analysis, identifies potentially compensable events, and follows-up with department as appropriate. Maintains case documentation and status in tracking system. Provides consultative services to affiliate leadership, staff and committees or task forces.
*Hybrid Position* (remote/office)
*Hybrid Position* (remote/office)
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
Bachelor's: Risk Management, Insurance, Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field
2 years recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards and best practices related to healthcare risk management.
- Knowledge of risk management process, best practices and methods used to limit exposure to liability and risk.
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare privacy standards, laws and regulations.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills with a keen attention to details.
- Ability to identify and assess situations/issues presenting an existing or potential risk exposure.
- Possesses investigative and interviewing skills to obtain the necessary information to draw logical conclusions.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach in identifying and addressing issues and concerns.
- Organization skills to effectively manage and/or re-prioritize activities and projects to meet deadlines while maintaining a high degree of responsiveness.
- Displays a customer service focus in all decisions and actions.
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means.
- Ability to interact and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
- Demonstrates respect for cultural and linguistic differences and promotes an inclusive work environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with changing business priorities.
- Ability to maintain and work discreetly with confidential information.
- Ability to use essential applications and/or databases associated with the role’s duties and responsibilities.
Days of the Week:Monday - Friday
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range is $54.38 to $81.56 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started