Clinical Lab Scientist II ***Sign On Bonus***
Working behind the scenes our clinical lab scientists, lab assistants, phlebotomists and lab professionals make a difference in the lives of our patients every day.
With our integrated healthcare system, we offer the best and most innovative technology, along with experience in clinics, hospital and reference lab settings. Here, you’ll be empowered to build your skills and develop your career to meet your professional goals.
If you’re looking for opportunities in specialized disciplines such as microbiology, molecular biology, quality, lab information systems and leadership, we invite you to join us and explore this clinical lab scientist opportunity today.
- JOB TYPE: Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: Mid (5+ years experience)
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SSL-1914571 Date Posted 08/21/2019 Location Livermore, California Schedule/Shift Full Time / Variable
Under the direction of the Technical Supervisor and Technical Manager perform and demonstrate proficiency and understanding of technical procedures on pediatric, adult and geriatric patients in one or more discipline of the Clinical Laboratory. Provide technical support for problem resolution to other CLS 2, CLS, and Laboratory Assistants. Responsible for validity of test results, result reporting, specimen handling, and maintenance of necessary department records.
Clinical Lab Scientist License (CLS-L)
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a clinical laboratory working as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist required.
Skills & Knowledge
• Mastery of federal and state wage and hour laws/regulations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, rate ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to perform basic statistical functions.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to work with laboratory information system.
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word and EXCEL.
**Sign-On Bonus Available to external candidates - in accordance with Sutter Health policy**
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Other
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started