Food Service Worker IJob ID R-25240 Date Posted 01/25/2023 Location Jackson, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Per Diem/Casual/Days
Organization:SAH-Sutter Amador Hospital
Position Overview:Performs general kitchen duties including food preparation and storage, cleaning and storing dishes, utensils, pots, and performing general department sanitation. Follows clearly defined department policies and recipes to accurately prepare and serve snacks and meals to patients and visitors. Supports the functionality of the department by assisting in a variety of areas including tray line, cafeteria, dish room, host/hostess, or catering. Gains confidence and cooperation from peers and supervisors through effective communication and competent job performance. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Basic food production and food service knowledge with ability to use various food service supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of maintaining a safe food environment including proper cleaning procedures and usage of equipment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English as well as understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions.
- Must have sufficient mathematical ability to perform basic measurement and portioning activities including increasing and decreasing recipes.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and multi-task in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
Pay Range: $21.99-$26.39
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every Weekend
Employee Status:Per Diem/Casual
Number of Openings:1
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started