Environmental Services Aide IJob ID R-25246 Date Posted 01/26/2023 Location Jackson, California Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Per Diem/Casual/Days
Organization:SAH-Sutter Amador Hospital
Position Overview:Maintains a clean, attractive and safe environment in assigned areas by performing a variety of appropriate cleaning, transport, equipment handling, room set-up, trash removal, and linen handling duties. Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the facility. Distributes supplies to departments as needed and maintains stock levels. Gains confidence and cooperation from peers and supervisors through effective communication and competent job performance. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure sanitization and safety while delivering optimal performance.
Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of maintaining a sterile environment including proper cleaning procedures and various equipment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to communicate with fellow team members, supervisors, patients, and other hospital personnel.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate of basic environmental service equipment including mechanical floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums, washers, dryers and more.
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions,
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Build collaborte relationships with peers and other staff members to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Pay Range: $22.00-$26.40
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every Weekend
Employee Status:Per Diem/Casual
Number of Openings:1
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started