Surgical Technician, SFSCJob ID SMF-W-2105988 Date Posted 05/27/2021 Location Fairfield, California Schedule/Shift On-Call/ Day
- Plans for patient care.
- Picks cases using physician preference cards.
- Anticipates patient and surgeon requirements for care.
- Assists surgeon.
- Advocates for patient safety.
- Trains and mentors new personnel.
- Prepares the operating room for the patient.
- Prepares and maintains a clean and/or sterile environment.
- Determines the availability of all necessary equipment, supplies, instruments and implants and assists in the procurement of deficiencies.
- Prepares supplies, equipment and instrumentation involved in patient care.
- Assists with room clean-up, turnover and stocking.
- Follows organizational infection control policies.
- Is knowledgeable of aseptic technique and when it is used.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standard precautions and utilizes same in daily practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer system for the purposes of printing preference card for picking cases, making changes to preference cards as directed by nursing staff; entering SIS data; entering charges.
- Continually reviews and advises OR Charge Nurse and OR Circulating Nurse of revisions needed for instrument sets and preference cards.
- May perform Endoscopy Tech duties, to include assisting with procedures and cleaning endoscopes.
- Prepares and maintains a clean, clutter-free environment conductive to patient and personnel safety.
- Identifies resources for problem solving.
- Stays informed of unit activities/changes.
- Assists in Central Processing.
- Ability to accept constructive and instructive criticism and implement corrective action.
- Adheres to the policies of the Surgery Center.
- Ability to receive and give direction and to identify and use proper chain of command.
- Participates in budgetary, utilization and cost containment and reduction activities.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures.
- Participates in QI activities.
- Seeks educational opportunities to increase clinical competence and enhance personal and professional growth.
- Completes mandatory classes relative to job responsibilities at the facility as well as meeting continuing educational requirements for certifications.
- Participates in staff meeting, committees, staff development and educational programs to meet personal, professional, facility certification and regulatory requirements as defined in licensure requirements, Medicare and the accreditation organization.
- Adheres to the facility Standards of business Conduct and HIPAA privacy and security requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Completion of Surgical Technology school with one (1) year of current hospital or ambulatory care experience; or two (2) years of direct related OR experience as a surgical Technician.
- Knowledge of proper body mechanics to lift and transport patients and supplies.
- Knowledge of infection control practices and OR traffic patterns.
- Requires the ability to communicate well with other healthcare professionals as well as with lay persons.
- Must be a flexible, creative individual who is open to change along with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Requires the ability to operate and trouble shoot OR surgical equipment.
- BLS required.
- Must exhibit desirable trunk and extremity mobility and strength to perform job duties.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds safely.
- Must be able to push gurneys with patient up to 400 pounds (2 people pushing gurney).
- Push wheelchair up to 400 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach overhead, and assist with physically transferring patients from gurneys to OR tables and wheelchairs and from wheelchairs to personal transportation.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak English.
- Must be able to wear a lead apron..
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:On-Call
Applications Accepted:All Applications Accepted
Additional Location: 4830 Business Center Dr Ste140, Fairfield, California
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started