Registered NurseJob ID R-58232 Date Posted 02/12/2024 Location Ewa Beach, Hawaii Schedule/Shift/Weekly Hours Regular/Days/40
Organization:Sutter Health Pacific
Position Overview:Accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and evaluation of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care in an acute patient setting. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all patients in an assigned area. Develops, implements, and coordinates a plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely and effective communications. Adheres to hospital polices, industry standards, best practices, and applicable laws and regulations to promote an optimal patient experience.
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements and Qualifications are not exhaustive, but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
ASSESSMENT AND PLANNING OF PATIENT CARE:
• Conducts patient and family assessment encompassing physiological, spiritual and emotional areas.
• Collaborates and communicates with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and coordinate daily patient care plan to ensure a plan of care that is patient centric with continuity of care.
• Partners with peers, management and other healthcare providers to effectively streamline patient workflow, improve patient outcomes, and provide the highest care quality
• Communicates patients’ plan of care to co-workers and on-coming/off-going shift and between departments.
PROVISION OF PATIENT CARE:
• Provides competent, compassionate and cost-effective patient care in accordance with unit, department, hospital policies, scientific principles, evidence-based nursing practice/process, nursing objectives and standards of care.
• Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for each patient and their families/support group in accordance with hospital regulations.
• Delegates tasks appropriately/effectively to team members based on legal scopes of practice, licensure, educational preparation, appropriate guidelines and individual capability.
• Communicates with and explains treatments/activities to patient and family in a clear, open- ended, collaborative manner showing care and concern, using teach back to ensure patient understanding of explanations, and integrating patient learning and educational needs.
• Maintains mindfulness in delivery of individualized care and in communication with patients and families, with a safety focus
• Performs job duties in compliance with established hospital policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal regulations to provide the highest level of patient care.
• Upholds the confidentiality of all patients protected health information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental, intentional or inappropriate disclosure.
• Remains current in advancements, trends, and best practices related to acute care and area of specialty and in professional nursing practice.
EVALUATION OF PATIENT CARE:
• Monitors patient care interventions, assesses therapies, evaluates outcomes, and intervenes as warranted.
• Conducts ongoing education for patients and their families to ensure optimal patient care from admission through transitions of care.
• Reassesses, evaluates and documents each patient’s response to the plan of care and adjusts the plan as needed.
• Reports any safety or compliance concerns via appropriate channels and participates in safety events to prevent future occurrences. Accurately documents and updates all treatment information in the patient’s electronic health record (EHR).
• Develops, implements, documents formal teaching and transition planning that includes the patient/family in care for identified health needs.
• Verifies and helps validate competency of newly hired and/or student staff to perform special tasks of nursing care as appropriate.
• Serves as a clinical resource and mentor to newly hired staff and helps orient them to the unit, as requested.
• May orient other nursing and patient care support staff, special tasks of nursing care.
Other: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
RN-Registered Nurse of Hawaii
BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
2 years of recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Demonstrated general knowledge and competence with regard to nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology; anatomy; and physiology.
Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and changes in local/state/federal regulations.
Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
Time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize patient care, assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and practices to achieve objectives and meet time sensitive activities.
Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook).
Work independently as well as be part of the team, while accomplishing multiple interventions in an ever-changing environment.
Ability to communicate and engage team members, patients and families in a variety of stressful situations.
Use existing procedures and critical thinking to identify and solve routine or complex problems.
Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
Build collaborative relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
See required physical demands, mental components, visual activities & working conditions at the following link: Job Requirements
Days of the Week:Variable
Weekend Requirements:Every other Weekend
Number of Openings:1
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range is $0.00 to $0.00 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. Applicants for specific positions are still required to disclose certain convictions during the application process, and those convictions may also be considered in determining eligibility for employment in accordance with applicable law.Apply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started