Respiratory Care PractitionerJob ID SCH-2005945 Date Posted 03/26/2020 Location Crescent City, California Schedule/Shift Per Diem/ Variable
About Sutter Coast Hospital
Resting on the scenic Northern California Coast, Sutter Coast Hospital first opened its doors in 1931 and has continued to evolve to meet the changing needs of the residents of Crescent City, California and Brookings-Harbor, Oregon and the surrounding areas. As a part of Sutter Health - one of the nation’s leading community-based, health care networks - we are a 49-bed, not-for-profit hospital, serving a population of approximately 43,000. Our services include a 24-hour emergency department, intensive care/critical care units, surgery, obstetrics, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, rehabilitation, skilled nursing, psychiatric care, senior care, and home health services.
A quick video about Sutter Coast Hospital and location:
About the Job
The Respiratory Care Practitioner performs respiratory care procedures and cardiopulmonary diagnostic tests on a routine and emergency basis. Assists physicians & nurses in providing respiratory care to patients by reviewing their records, physician orders & then carrying out appropriate therapy. Performs pulmonary function testing. Records all treatments on patient’s record, charting time & date of treatment, medication & mode of therapy, breathing sounds & patient’s reaction of therapy. Maintains office administrative duties such as billing, charting, making up master log, stocking, etc. Periodically inspects & tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely & efficiently, ordering repairs when identified. Instructs patients in breathing techniques & exercises. Sets up & monitors continuous ventilation. Responds & assist ventilation during ‘Code Blues’. Demonstrates knowledge of all respiratory therapy equipment used in department. Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees & other health care personnel.
- CA RCP, CRT or RRT license is required.
- CPR Certifications: BLS, NRP, and PALS required.
- Prior Clinical experience is preferred.
- An understanding of acute, sub-acute, and home care medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, assessment skills and criteria, operating principles and practical application of respiratory equipment, emergency procedures and various respiratory drugs and their side effects is required.
- A knowledge and demonstrated skill in the sue of oxygen delivery devices, IPPB, pulmonary function testing, volume ventilators, oximeters, blood gas drawing and analysis, blood gas analyzers, EKG machine, and resuscitation equipment is required.
- An understanding and ability to apply various breathing and chest physiotherapy techniques is also required.
- Ability to assess patient’s respiratory care educational needs and implement teaching.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/VeteransApply Apply Later
Fraud Alert: Please be aware of scams involving fraudulent job postings ...Learn more
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started